Making a big church small
A Place for You
Small Groups are designed to help you develop relationships with others who can encourage and challenge you to consistently apply the truths of God’s Word to each area of your life. Small Groups are our primary means of discipleship and pastoral care.
Each Small Group of six to twelve people meets three times a month. They are intergenerational and meet at a variety of times and locations. Newcomers are always welcome.
If you live on the West Side of Chicago or the Near West Suburbs, chances are there’s a home group near you. Home groups are mixed-gendered, and include both married and singles. They provide focused discussion and an opportunity for prayer and accountability.
Are you connected to other women? Women’s groups meet on Tuesday mornings at the church. Each meeting is built around a large–group teaching time and smaller groups for prayer and shepherding relationships. Childcare is provided.
Men meet for in–depth discussion and prayer all around the Oak Park area. Most groups meet early in the morning at various locations or on Wednesday evenings at the church.
Do you have questions about the Christian faith or just love discussing big ideas and worldviews? Explore groups provide a warm and open context to learn more about Christ with others.
Young Adult Groups
Twentysomethings face unique challenges, lots of transition and are prone to feeling alone. These groups give you an opportunity to build community with others in the same stage of life.
Interested in joining a small group? Fill out this form.
Have questions? Contact Pastor Eric. He’d be glad to help.
- Sunday, 4:00PM | Steve and Mary Newberg / Once a month
- Sunday, 4:00PM | Chris and Meggan Flinn
- Sunday, 4:00PM | Bryan and Michelle Scheffers
- Sunday, 5:00PM | Ben and Leigha Tietje
- Sunday, 5:00PM | Nate and Aimee Friedrichsen
- Sunday, 5:30PM | Nathan and Betsy Leong
- Sunday, 6:00PM | Gary and Pat Rhebergen
- Sunday, 7:00PM | Dick & Sharson Jahns
- Sunday, 7:30PM | Andy and Amy Brandt
- Monday, 6:45PM | Allen and Peggy Bernthal
- Monday, 7:00PM | Nolan and Susan Ingebrightson
- Wednesday, 7:15PM | Matt and Diana Friederich
- Thursday, 7:00PM | Dan and Desiree Hassler
- Thursday, 7:00PM | Ben and Karis Jorden
- Thursday, 7:00PM | Jeff and Antonia Kain
- Thursday, 7:00PM | Victor and Julie Marcionetti
- Thursday, 7:00PM | Victor and Carol Van Santen
- Tuesday, 9:15AM-11:15AM, in the Parlor (September through May)
Childcare is $20 per semester, scholarships are available
- Tuesday, 5:45AM | Oak Park
- Wednesday, 6:00AM | Berwyn
- Wednesday, 7:00PM | Calvary (Room 322)
- Thursday, 6:00AM | Forest Park
- Friday, 6:00AM | Forest Park
Young Adults’ Groups
- Thursday, 7:00PM | Oak Park (Several Groups meet at Calvary)