This Week's Suggestions for Practicing a “Simple Christmas"
- Look your money square in the face. Don’t spend money you don’t have. No credit cards. They’re the antithesis of a ‘simple Christmas’.
- Read Ann Voskamp’s blog, “A Holy Experience”, especially the posts from 11-17-10 and 11-18-10, “Thinking About Whose Birthday It Is” and “Jesse Tree Devotionals” respectively. http://www.aholyexperience.com
- Remember that most of us – especially children – really want and need four basic things for Christmas:
1. Relaxed and loving time with the family
2. Realistic expectations about gifts
3. An evenly paced holiday season
4. Strong family traditions
- For some Family Tradition ideas, go to the blogsite, Simple Mom. http://simplemom.net/6-weeks-till-christmas-create-a-new-family-tradition/