- Our "Finish Strong Prayer Team" consists of a handful of people committed to pray for our Senior Pastor every day. Some pray for an allotment of time but the topics are as the spirit leads. Other members pray through 15 point list. We want to support our pastor and one of the best ways of doing this is through daily, consistent prayers!
- "Intercessory Prayer Warriors" pray during every worship service in Calvary's Prayer Room.
- "Prayer Partners" are available at the front of the sanctuary to pray and talk with individuals after every service.
For more information or to join one of our prayer teams, please contact our Deacon of Prayer Ministries, John Campbell.
What is Prayer?
Prayer is how we communicate with our God. Jesus modeled how to pray for his disciples, in what we call "The Lord's Prayer" (Matthew 6:9-13). Jesus emphasized these points in His prayer:
- Pray with reverence to our Heavenly Father.
- Seek God's will through prayer.
- Ask God for forgiveness for our sins.
- Forgive others just as Christ forgave us.
- Ask God to provide for our daily needs.
- Ask for protection from our enemies and from evil.
We should be respectful in our prayers, but prayer doesn't have to be eloquent or follow an exact pattern. God wants us to seek Him, just as we would seek out and talk to our family and friends on a daily basis.
If you are unsure what to say, take comfort that the Holy Spirit is there to help. Romans 8:26-27 says, "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."